What is Search Encrypt? Why Should You Use A Private Search Engine?
Search Encrypt is a privacy based search engine. It is built with privacy-by-design, which means it was made to emphasize user privacy. We want our search engine to provide great search results, without compromising our user’s information. Search Encrypt helps you search the web without leaving your personal data behind.
What Is a Private Search Engine?
There are many types of private search engines. Essentially, a private search engine is a search engine that doesn’t track its users, and delivers search results with added layers of protection. Search Encrypt is unique because it uses local encryption for an added layer of privacy protection. Your search terms are transmitted to our servers in encrypted form, where they are decrypted and sent through our private search engine. Your search terms are not linked with any user identifiable information and we don’t store that information on our servers.
Privacy focused search engines, like Search Encrypt or Startpage, probably won’t replace Google any time soon. In recent years though, and more so in 2017, these private search engines have seen noticeable increases in traffic and the searches they process. Search Encrypt is no exception — It’s Alexa Ranking has jumped up from 2,993 to 1,814 in the last three months alone.
5 Ways Search Encrypt Protects You
- No Tracking – We track no user-identifiable data, so nothing that can link your searches to your identity. This means we don’t follow you around the internet or store information about your browsing behavior.
- Expiring Browser History – When you’ve finished searching, your search history disappears. This means that no one can access your search terms, not even someone with access to your computer.
- SSL Encryption – We use the latest encryption methods, both SSL (HTTPS) encryption and AES-256 encryption. Your search terms are encrypted locally.
- Privacy by Design – Search Encrypt was created as a private search engine. That means that privacy was considered when adding features.
How does Search Encrypt Work?
Search Encrypt is available as an internet search engine and as a browser extension search tool. Our search engine works like any other search engine, simply navigate to the site and enter your search term. Our browser extension can prevent you from using search engines that may track your search data.
Internet Search Engine (SearchEncrypt.com)
When you perform a search on Search Encrypt, it encrypts your search terms locally. Search Encrypt makes searching the web privately more convenient by eliminating unnecessary steps. You don’t have to constantly clear your browsing history either because Search Encrypt browsing history expires after you are done searching.
Search Encrypt Browser Extension
Search Encrypt is available as a browser extension for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Your search terms are encrypted locally and redirected through our private search engine. Our extension helps you avoid search engine tracking that may follow you around the web.
Try some of these browser extensions if you’re interested in protecting your privacy online…
Why You Should Use Private Search Engines?
Your search engine should be optimized for searching the internet, not tracking you once you’ve left. Your Google information can be used against you in legal cases, even in civil cases like divorces. To best search the web, a search engine will deliver the best answer to your question or the most relevant web page. Search engines that use complex tracking to gather your information won’t do this. Their goal is to deliver the answer you are most likely to click on, which isn’t always the best answer. Private search engines deliver better search results because they don’t use your past searches to determine what you see on the internet.
Data Profiles Get Used Against You
The information your search engine and other websites gather about you reveals a lot of personal information. Sometimes, though, this information is skewed or incorrect. In this case, you can be subject to the negative consequences of information even if it’s wrong. Data profiling could lead to you losing out on a job opportunity or being approved for a loan if you fit an undesirable profile.
You can limit the information your search engine stores by using a private search engine.
Which Private Search Engines are The Best?
There are quite a few choices for private search engines, these are the three most popular. Each offers slightly different methods for keeping your information hidden from big search engines. The advantage to many of these extends beyond privacy. The search results can be better because they are more objective and don’t change based on your past internet behavior.
- Search Encrypt – We use local encryption so your searches are never visible to others on your network. Our AES-256 encryption is the industry standard for encryption, and one of the most secure.
- DuckDuckGo – DuckDuckGo is the most recognizable private search engine. DuckDuckGo offers many features that supplement its search well, including a recently launched extension that helps protect users beyond searches.
- StartPage – StartPage is most popular in Europe, especially in Germany. It is a private search engine that sources its results from Google, but eliminates the tracking and storing of you data.